Building mobile apps with flutter is very easy. You can use any text editor combined with command-line tools for development. But for a better experience, you should use editor plugins. The plugins provide features like keyword suggestion, syntax highlight, editing assist, run, debug and many more. Today you will learn the steps to integrate Flutter and Dart editor plugins in Android Studio.
Install Flutter and Dart Plugins
- Run Android Studio.
- Open Plugin Setting (File > Settings > Plugins).
- Click on “Browse repositories” button.
- Search for “Flutter” and click on “Install“.
- Search for “Dart” and click on “Install“.
- Click “Yes” or “Restart” when prompted.
The plugin installation page looks like below:
The repositories installation page looks like below:
After installation, you can create a new project with flutter SDK on Android Studio.